fredag 28 maj 2010

10 000¥


My grandmother's sister's husband (haha oh the family) gave me a lot of yen as a gift before I leave for Japan and for my graduation. This was the first time that I encountered the man on the 10 000 ¥ and I was a bit curious to know more about him as he looks very respectable and prestigious. So I did some research (read: wikipedia) and I found this;

"Fukuzawa Yukichi was a Japanese author, writer, teacher, translator, entrepreneur and political theorist who founded Keio University. His ideas about government and social institutions made a lasting impression on a rapidly changing Japan during the Meiji Era. He is regarded as one of the founders of modern Japan."

He sounds pretty much like a multiworker (I don't know if it's a word, I just came up with it now to explain someone who has several jobs, haha).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar