torsdag 24 juni 2010

メロンソーダ & c.o


(picture not taken by me)

If there is something that I am definitely going to miss when I leave Japan within a year then it's メロンソーダ (melon soda). It's cheap and easy to buy anywhere and the best of all... it's REFRESHING in the humid Tokyo summer!

So, today has been a quite productive and long day. First of all I met Miki at the Itabashihonchoo station, that is the station closest to my home, because I pretty much didn't know anywhere else to go. After that we headed to Harajuku to find the barbershop that I've been dying to go to and permanently straighten my hair. Before going to it we walked through Takeshitadori which is like the "main" street of Harajuku when you come out from the station. It's packed with small shops that offer you cool clothes at very cheap prices (compared to other areas in Tokyo). Also, there's a big variety of clothes and while walking the street you will either spot very personally stylish people or foreign people (not that foreign people can't be stylish but ya know boo). Anyhow, this street is obviously one of my favorite places in Tokyo so far, it's like a dream, seriously. Anyhow, after that we found the barbershop that I booked an appointment at and I'm going there tomorrow after school to permanently straighten my hair finally. The woman that will fix my hair is called Tommy and she's been living in London a lot and she's a pro and she can speak English, so... I'm really lucky.

After all the walking in Harajuku we walked to Shibuya and actually we went to Shibuya 109! There are two Shibuya 109 shops and one of the has like 8 floors with amazing clothes. I bought a bag there for about 3000円 because I really need one now when school starts and when I'm in town. Isn't it pretty? ^-^Y


Now, at this time we were pretty exhausted so we went to 31 a.k.a Baskin robbins! DAMN have I longed for their ice cream? Gaaash and it was so heavenly and tasty. Like, actually they have like more than thirty different flavors and I tried Popping shower, some oreo-cookie thingie and a melon-thingie. Definitely going there again and it's really great now that it's summer because they have "take 2 get 1 for free", so you bascially get three different flavors! Heaven, oh heaven.


(picture not taken by me)

Wow, and after all this is not everything we did today! Haha. After the "mini-sightseeing" Miki asked me if I wanted to meet her friends that were going to an izakaya and I just felt as though I had nothing to do really so I went along. First they decided to go to a Mexican bar and so we went there and a great thing about Japan is that you pay like a certain amount of money and you can drink as much as you want - nomihodai. I tried several cocktails but didn't get drunk really while some of the guys did a drinking game with beer and ended up totally wasted, haha. We also did a drinking game that was like the JR Yamanote line. The JR Yamanote line goes in a circle kind of around the central Tokyo and this drinking game was all about clapping and then each person had to say a country and if another person said the same country then he/she had to drink. Somehow, Miki's poor friend Shu got to drink twice, haha. After the Mexican bar we went to a Japanese Izakaya and this was all in Takadanobaba. Apparently in Takadanababa most Waseda University-students meet up when they want to go out to have some fun. So, we went to the izakaya afterwards and it was nomihodai there as well. However, some people were too drunk so they got lost along the way and some went home. However, it was really fun at this izakaya and I got to try sake for the first time and I must say that I really think it was tasty!?

.....owa. My school starts at 13.10 tomorrow and the first thing is "orientation" and at 6PM I have to go to Tommy so she can fix my hair. Also, I have to wake up early tomorrow so I can wash my clothes. Aaaaaaaa!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar