söndag 20 juni 2010

TOKYO ♥

Yesterday 10 AM I arrived to Narita airport in Tokyo. I knew that I was in Japan as soon as my trousers got intimate with my thighs - I used that only to tell you guys that Tokyo is humid as hell. Though I must say that I appreciate it a lot somehow. Because now I don't have to use coats and long trousers to stay warm during the summer (but I heard July won't be a pretty month, the humidness will probably be quadruppled).

Before I proceed on I must tell you guys that there will be a lack of photos for some time because I realized that I forgot to bring my USB cable to connect the camera to the laptop. SORRY, I was pretty disappointed myself when I found out. Not only did I forget to bring that but I also forgot to bring my electric outlet European-version. It sucked a lot so one of my room mates who is Swedish, called Ralf, walked with me today to ドン・キホーテ(Don Quijote) find an electric outlet. We didn't find one tho so he borrowed one of his outlets to me until I buy one myself.

Anyhow, the trip to Tokyo was pretty smooth I'd say. Except that I got all stressed when having my connection flight in Moscow. On my plane ticket it said that I would land on terminal D and that my flight to Japan would depart from terminal D as well. However, I landed on terminal F (a new terminal at Sheremetyevo) and as soon as I got inside the terminal some staff told me to wait and that they would take me to terminal D. So, I waited patiently for 5 minutes and then I asked them if we could go soon (even though my flight would leave in 2 hours) and they said that we had to wait for other passengers from other planes and it would take some time. I got all panicked and they realized I was stressed so they put me and three other passengers on a bus to terminal D. Also, when I get stressed I'm not really a shy person so I started talking to the other passengers and especially with a girl who was heading to Tokyo as well. Her name was Tomoko and I allowed her to stand with me in the line for the passport control, since the line was soooo long, crazy. We talked and she told me that she moved to Sweden to study for 2 years and it was quite impressive and it was good to have someone to talk to. But she told me that she went back to Tokyo for some week to meet friends. So, the 9 hour flight to Tokyo was quite boring, I didn't even manage to sleep, however the aeroflot personnel were quite nice and the interior of the plane was reasonable. I had booked a transfer to the guest house and it took approx. 1,5 hours to get there. No problem at all, I was way amazed by the green nature on my way from Narita airport and all the high high buildings with extremely cool designs, not to mention that I got an extreme wryneck.

As soon as I got accomodated and all I got in contact with Nana since we had planned to meet up as soon as I arrived. However, I didn't really know how to get around or where I lived so I looked for the Itabashihonchoo station so that we could meet there. Therefore I took a walk to where I thought it would be and suddenly I got lost and I tried to find my way home like crazy and when I thought I was home tried to open the door but I didn't manage to until I realized it was not my door (EVERYTHING LOOKS THE SAME OMFG). Desperate as I was a saw a small grandma clean her balcony so I politely tried to talk to her in Japanese and I just started off with "Sumimasen" and she was like all "WAIT WAIT I'LL COME DOWN". So she came down and I pointed at the door I was trying to open and I asked with my poor Japanese "Aa.. etoo.. kore wa bodaresu tokyo ne?" and she was like all "...aa iie! kochira desu!" and then she pointed to the door opposite to mine and of course that was the correct one. HOW EMBARRASSING. I just simply replied with thousands of bowings and "totemo arigatou gozaimasu" and she just laughed it off. Haha, I bet they think it's embarrassing to see gaijin people bow but it's a bit automatical somehow.

So, I simply went back home and told Nana that I couldn't find the station, at least I knew where I lived now. But I went out trying to find the station once again and I managed to find it and me and Nana met up. Then we headed to Kinsicho to meet her friends at a big pink shopping mall called OLINA. It was nice to meet them and they were all very funny and open-minded. Nana's boyfriend is crazy about ramen so we ended up eating ramen and I must say that it tastes sooooo good, it costed about 700 円. After that we simply walked around and I enjoyed some really nice views as I was so amazed. Since the Tokyo subways stop at 12 PM and I didn't really know how to get home I figured I'd leave at 10 PM in case I get lost. Luckily with some of Nana's help I found my way. As soon as I got home I chatted with my room mates and then I just fell down on my bed and took a 14 hours sleep.

God was it great to sleep after 60 hours of non-sleep.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Ana! Otroligt roligt att höra om dina äventyr, skriv lite till mig nån gång, www.trippingsoul.blogspot.com

    Ha det kalasbra!
    Puss Natta

    SvaraRadera