lördag 17 juli 2010

パーチ!




(Pictures taken from Stephanie's facebook, they don't belong to me)

Yesterday I went to an izakaya/nomihoudai/karaoke with 25 people from school, one of my favorite teachers (Naito-sensei) and some staff from school. It was basically loads of fun and Lishan and I sang Lady GaGa's "Paparazzi" I think... yeah, I think I don't remember to be honest. They poured beer into us, gin&tonic and god knows what more! Alcohol is really a part of the Japanese culture, whilst we in Sweden (and West) really aren't open about the fact that we drink a lot. We even try to hide our bags from "Systembolaget" in Sweden. However, in Japan it's natural to see a girl or a guy holding a beer on the street an early Monday morning - not a big deal.

After the event with school I, Kibe, Sou, Cho, Lishan, a Korean girl that is friends with Sou and someone else I think went to Shibuya to meet up with Said and Yuka. We planned on going to a small bar and while at the bar Cho paid for the drinks but I pretty much only drank water. A little later we just took some stairs down and went to a club that Said's friend owned and we met a lot of interesting people there, once again Cho ordered drinks for us. A Japanese had a really nice style so I told Cho to tell him and the guy got really happy haha... I love how spontaneous Tokyo makes me. Also, two Japanese girls sat next to me and as soon as they got to know I was Swedish they started screaming out of joy. They even speak some Swedish with a really good pronounciation and apparently they had been to Sweden and they were interested in getting Swedish boyfriends. So, as usually in Tokyo we exchanged phone numbers and got all happy about meeting each other. However, now as all other times I just wonder how, when, and what I should say if I contact them? Haha.

I missed my last train home - I friggin' hate the fact that the subway stops at midnight! So, me, Lishan, Sou, Cho and Kibe went to our favorite izakaya in Shin-okubo and stayed there until 5 in the morning. It was really nice tho and Lishan was so nice for staying with me all night, a real friend! The night at the izakaya was nicer than usual because the manager who is Sou's room mate came to us and talked with us and he was so happy to meet me because apparently he had never met anyone before who is Swedish and it was an honour to him. He also commented twice on my eye color and how fascinating it was.. up until now I've never thought Asian people thought it was a big deal but I've slightly come to realize that they do think it's special, haha. Not that it really matters but it's always interesting to compare West and East.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar