fredag 23 juli 2010

Izakaya in Shinjuku a Friday night









Olivia invited me to an izakaya which her American friend Josh had organized and we were all in all nineteen people! There was a nomihoudai of course and new dishes that I hadn't tried before were coming in. Also, we ordered bibimbap, but as always I ordered the wrong one so it was the vegetarian version gahhhhh. It was a really nice evening since I got to talk to and meet new people and I used my Japanese more with some people because they could barely speak English. The Americans did sakeban (I think it's spelled like that?) which is when you take the sake-shot glass filled with sake and you drop it into a glass of beer and then you drink it together - it's THE bomb.

At 10.30 PM I headed home because everyone else headed for a club in Roppongi and I did not feel like clubbing to be honest. After only three drinks I was ready to hit the floor but I managed to get home as always and it was mighty fine to get home at 11.30 PM and fall asleep.

Today I'm going to hanabi with Lishan and I have my own yukata and everything so I'm really looking forward to it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar