lördag 10 juli 2010

Yokohama














I visited Yokohama yesterday with Sou, Frankie, Frankie's girlfriend, Hana and Tablo oppa yesterday. The weather was insanely perfect since the sun was shining and it was freaking hot, even though it's still the raining season. Yuka and Said met up with us when we arrived and we just walked around in a very European-looking part of Yokohama. Yuka explained to me that the reason that part looked so European is because many businessmen who live in Japan for work want to feel at home so they paid for transformation. I simply think it's sad because the best thing would be to get used to and appreciate the beauty of Japan instead of trying to recreate another boring Europe on the other side of the world. But I guess that's just me.

Afterwards we walked through Yokohama bay and we spotted a middle-aged man taking professional pictures of a doll and touching it in a very uncomfortable way. Everyone got a bit scared and we took several pictures of his otakuness! Yuka was like "I don't want him to touch that doll!" haha. However, we headed to a game center and took purikura pictures because it got too hot and we managed to take purikura even though we were eight people.

Yokohama Cosmo World was something I really enjoyed experiencing. It's like an amusement park with only a few rides and we rode two of them - the pink roller coaster and the Paris wheel. The Paris wheel gave many of us excellent photo possibilities and I think Said took the best advantage of them since he is an amazing photographer.

In Japan it gets dark at 7 PM and we realized we might have to head home soon but instead we just went to the other side of the bay and sat, talked, enjoyed the view. I really had a lot of fun today and me and Yuka have already planned for us guys to meet up soon again to have a BBQ, hanabi and wear Yukata! Haha, I've been persuaded to buy a yukata now and Yuka's going to go with me when I buy one :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar